新闻资讯

International ShippingIndian Port Strike Threat Lifted

International Maritime Indian Port Strike Threat Lifted (New Five-Year Labour Deal Finally Approved)

The threat of a strike that would threaten to disrupt freight operations at India's 12 state-owned and operated ports and potentially have broader regional implications has been lifted as a new five-year labor agreement is finally ratified and labor tensions at major ports ease.

The move comes after the leadership of India's six major dockworkers unions threatened to halt strikes from Dec. 17 to ensure the government agrees to the rules reached with port management in September to raise wages and pensions, known locally as the "Two-Party Wage Negotiation Committee (BWNC) Settlement Agreement".

"The competent authorities have approved the implementation of the BWNC settlement of September 27, which was reached by the management of the main port authorities with the six major port and dock workers' federations before the Mumbai District Labour Commissioner, in all the major port and dock labour boards," the Ministry of Shipping said in a letter.

Union sources welcomed the reaffirmation of the agreement reached two months ago.

A union source said: "All 12 major port authorities have now been instructed to implement the updated BWNC contract. Workers have won the fight and we appreciate the Ministry's intervention to prevent businesses from trying to cope with multiple challenges. supply chain disruptions."

Pressure to end the standoff is also coming from local industry stakeholders, including shippers and transportation services groups. A logistics industry executive involved in customs clearance operations across the country said: "We are very pleased that the port strike was averted for the benefit of everyone. comfort."

Container shipping companies serving Indian trade have also previously expressed concerns and can now cancel their contingency plans for industrial action deadlines.

国际海运印度港口罢工威胁解除(新五年期劳工协议最终获批)

随着新的五年期劳工协议最终获得批准以及主要港口的劳工紧张局势缓解,一场将威胁扰乱印度12个国有和运营港口的货运业务并可能产生更广泛的地区影响的罢工威胁已经解除.

此前,印度六个主要码头工人工会的领导层威胁从12月17日起停止罢工,以确保政府同意9月份与港口管理层达成的提高工资和养老金的规定,该协议在当地被称为“双方工资谈判委员会(BWNC)和解协议”.

“主管当局已批准实施9月27日的BWNC解决方案,该解决方案由主要港口当局管理层与六大港口和码头工人联合会在孟买地区劳工专员之前达成,在所有主要港口和码头劳工委员会,”航运部在一封信中表示.

工会消息人士对重申两个月前达成的协议表示欢迎.

一位工会消息人士表示:“所有12个主要港口当局现已接到指示,执行更新后的BWNC合同.工人们赢得了这场斗争,我们赞赏该部的干预措施,以防止企业试图应对多重挑战时供应链中断.”

要求结束僵局的压力也来自当地行业利益相关者,包括托运人和运输服务团体.一位参与全国清关业务的物流行业高管表示:“为了每个人的利益,港口罢工得以避免,我们感到很欣慰.”

为印度贸易提供服务的集装箱航运公司之前也表达了担忧,现在可以取消他们为劳工行动截止日期制定的应急计划.